Teamsters are involved in the transportation of materials in a variety of industries, including agricultural, forestry, health, manufacturing, mining, oil & gas, transportation and wholesale/retail industries. They are employed by organizations that produce, process and use products such as office supplies, tools and equipment, food goods, textile products, farm equipment or industrial supplies.
You are a critical thinker.
You take a methodical approach to work.
You enjoy working independently.
- Haul people & material
- Schedule deliveries & shipments
- Generate, pack and ship orders, and receive shipments
- Maintain inventory & process product returns
- Operate computer systems
- Operate powered & non-powered material handling equipment
- Work with storage systems and handle and store products
- Utility drivers must be highly skilled in operating all types of tractor trailer units
Key Skills & Attributes
(technical training and on the job)
- Communication skills, reading & numeracy skills
- Problem-solving & critical thinking skills
- Physical strength, stamina & ability to lift 25 kg
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to get along with customers & co-workers