Camp workers plan, prepare and serve meals and clean facilities in remote construction camps. These hospitality workers play a critical role on site! UNITE HERE Local 47 supplies workers through the hiring hall to work in remote camps in Northern Alberta. It takes dedication, responsibility and relevant experience to be a camp worker!
You are organized.
You work well with & without supervision.
You enjoy working independently & in a team.
- Safely operate kitchen equipment Prepare meals and cook using grills, ovens & fryers
- Ensure proper storage and rotation of foods per health/sanitation guidelines
- Follow production quotas and replenish stock
- Interior & exterior housekeeping of rooms and surfaces
- Serve customers and provide excellent customer service
Key Skills & Attributes
(technical training and on the job)
- Good communication, reading & numeracy skills
- Problem-solving & planning skills
- Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical abilities
- Ability to lift between 11 to 25 kilograms
- Ability to work and pay careful attention to details
- Manual dexterity
- The ability to keep up to date with technological developments in this field